Interfaith Ministries’ Meals on Wheels for Greater Houston program provides a home-delivered meal to homebound seniors over 60 and their spouses. The program also delivers breakfast and weekend meals to the most frail and isolated seniors. This nutritional support helps seniors stay independent and in their own homes.
Through a joint collaborative with Interfaith Ministries and Northwest Assistance Ministries, we will be able to deliver hot nutritious lunches to the seniors and disabled adults in Northwest Houston. There are 3 service locations to choose from. Each route can take anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours, depending on how many deliveries there are and if the volunteer wants to stop to chat with the senior/disabled adults.
Here are the steps to serve…
- Complete the brief form below to let us know you’re interested.
- Complete the NAM Volunteer Form.
- Once completed, either scan it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to Lifepath Church, 17703 W. Little York Rd, Room 110, Houston 77084 (around the corner from TCWW Queenston). The office is opened Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 3:00pm.
- NAM will complete a background check on the potential volunteer.
- Once the potential volunteer is cleared, you will attend a 30-minute orientation. There are a few orientation locations to select from
- Lifepath Church, 17703 W. Little York Rd, Room 110, Houston 77084 – Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 3:00pm
- NAM, 15555 Kuykendahl Rd, Houston TX 77090 – every 1st Wednesday and every 3rd Thursday from 10:00am to 11:30am.