Many of you are wanting to do something to help those affected by #HurricaneHarvey but you do not know what to do or you may not be able to safely leave your homes.
Here are some things you can do RIGHT NOW as we prepare to provide much needed stability to those affected:
• Continue praying for Sylvester Turner, Mayor of Houston, government officials, and first responders as they work around the clock to rescue stranded citizens and get them to a shelter.
• Let your friends and family know that TCWW is working to help in whatever way we can and will need their help as well.
• TCWW is more than a building, it is the people. Open your home to others who may have lost everything and need a place to stay. Meet the people where they are and SHOW them what being a follower of Jesus looks like.
• Start going through your clothes, towels, and bedding to get them ready to donate. Wash and box all items so that they are ready for use.
• Help first responders by feeding them and offering them a place to eat and get dry.
• TCWW will need lots of hands to help as we prepare to assist families. Be ready to give freely of your time and support once it is SAFE to do so. Start communicating with your ministry members about staffing support hours.
• Dig up those gift cards that you have not used and be ready to donate them to the cause. Walmart, Visa, MasterCard, Target, etc. These cards will be useful to families who will need to start over.
• Be ready to support the #HARVEY effort with contributions to TCWW, Red Cross, and the Greater Houston Community Foundation.
• If your employer is willing to donate resources: volunteers, food, finances, etc. please notify TCWW leadership. Start making a list of people to contact about helping us to help others.
• Remember that we are not only #TCWWStrong, but we are also #HoustonStrong and God will see us through this.