2016 Sis. JOHNELLE WEST
JUNE 12TH DEADLINE
Scholarships will be provided as a resource to members of our congregation who need financial assistance to aid in continuing their education. The Scholarship Committee will review each application and give awards according to the availability of funds, specialized needs, and the following additional criteria:
- Applicant must be a 2016 high school graduate.
- Applicant must be an active member of The Church Without Walls for at least one (1) year.
- Applicant must demonstrate a Christian lifestyle by actively participating in ministry at The Church Without Walls.
To apply for the Sis. Johnelle West Scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria. All documents below must be returned to the Scholarship Committee. The omission of any of the listed criteria and/or documents will result in an incomplete application. An incomplete application will not be considered for scholarship.
- Student must complete and submit the attached Sis. Johnelle West Memorial Scholarship Application.
- Student must have a 3.2 overall grade point average (GPA).
- An official high school transcript must be mailed to TCWW by the graduating high school.
- Student must provide two (2) letters of recommendation. One from a TCWW member and one (1) from a non-TCWW member (i.e., a coach, teacher, employer, etc.). These letters should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
- Student must submit a 500-word essay. Essay to be typed in Times New Roman size 12 fonts and double spaced.
What is your vision for your future? Comment on the spiritual guidance you have received in formulating your vision. How will your vision impact your life? How will your vision impact lives of those around you?
There are two (2) ways to deliver a complete scholarship application. Any deviation will disqualify the application.
- U.S. Postal Mail with a postmark date on or before Sunday, June 12, 2016 to the following address…
2016 Sis. Johnelle West Memorial Scholarship
c/o The Church Without Walls
5725 Queenston Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77084
Completed 2016 Sis. Johnelle West Scholarship Application packets must be received and/or postmarked on or before Sunday, June 12, 2016.